What is it that Jews do not understand about Christians? What do Christians not understand about Jews? How has that mutual misunderstanding hindered the development of healthy Jewish-Christian relations, and how do we overcome it? That’s the opening topic in this part of our conversation with David Nekrutman. He has been dealing with these questions for over 20 years, and has some ideas about how to make things better between these two parts of God’s covenant people.
Improved relations between Christians and Jews requires clear thinking and discernment of truth from fiction. Too often, we get sidetracked by news items and stories that turn out to be little better than rumors, but which attract our attention. Barry Phillips and David Jones talk about this in their midrash called, “That’s Sensational.” It really is a matter of what our hearts are inclined to receive, which is what our musical guests Solomon Lopez and Jimmie Black sing about.
Want to hear more from David Nekrutman? Here are some helpful links:
- The Isaiah Projects: https://www.theisaiahprojects.com/
- Your Sabbath Invitation: https://www.yoursabbathinvitation.com/
- Biblical Excavations: https://www.biblicalexcavations.com/
To hear more on the topic of Jewish-Christian relations, here are some recent discussions David has participated in:
- Around the Same Table: An Open and Honest Discussion between Jews and Christians
- Conversation on Jewish-Christian Relations between David Nekrutman and Adam Eliyahu Berkowitz:
- Part 1: When Orthodox Jews Attacked Evangelicals in Jerusalem
- Part 2: What do Christians Mean When They Pray for Israel?
- Part 3: Missionaries the Biggest Obstacle to the Next Stage of Prophecy
- Part 4: Can Jews and Christians REALLY be Friends Without Converting Each Other?
- Part 5: How the Jews Can Bring the Messiah
- Part 6: What Will Happen to Jews and Christians in the End of Days?