While purging files today we came across notes we had made during a BYNA leadership discussion after the passing of Frank Houtz, of blessed memory. Here are a few of our notes.
Frank Houtz taught us this:
- It is more important how we treat people than what we know.
- People will forget what we say, they will not forget how we make them feel.
- At the end of the day, can we love each other through our disagreements?
- Meeting the needs of others defines who we are.
- We cannot transfer to others what we don’t have.
- YHWH, stir up the gifting in us, fan it into a flame that is tangible, anoint us with fresh oil, let it be evident by those who experience us that a gift from you was transferred to them.
- Yeshua said, “my peace I give you”
- Don’t handle a holy thing without peace.
Abba, thank you for the peace you have transferred to us. Help us always to share your Holy Words with PEACE.
Mark and Polly Webb